If your event matches this criteria, please submit your event at http://local.cincinnati.com/share/ and use the "Submit an event" link.
Please do not refer us to a web site to pull this information.
1. Presenter: Name, mailing address, contact name and phone number of the group or organization holding the
event. Presenters are not individuals. Note: Only the presenter name and web site display online or will be
used in possible print.
2. Venue: Location name, street address (including zip code) and phone number (including area code). Note:
This phone number should be the number for the venue, NOT the number for the event.
3. Event: Event name, phone number the public can call for more information, pricing (if free, please specify),
a short description of your event and ages of the target audience. Note: This phone number is the only phone
number that will display online or print.
4. All dates and times of your event. Even if an event repeats weekly or monthly you must supply the specific
dates. Time should be the time an event begins, not the time the doors open. To help prevent data entry errors
please DO NOT list any other dates on your release.
Please use one and only one of the options below ONCE. The volume of submissions which we are receiving that are
duplicates or not calendar events is greatly affecting how quickly we can enter them. A second notice is only required if
there is a change to previously submitted information. All changes should be clearly indicated at the top of the updated
release. Please DO NOT send reminder emails.
1. Email to email@example.com. PLEASE enter the event title and event dates in subject line.
Note: DO NOT CALL TO CONFIRM EMAIL RECEIPT – use the return receipt function of your email
software. Please DO NOT use Evites or other automated options to submit events.
2. Fax to 513-768-8550.
3. Mail to Cincinnati Enquirer – 312 Elm St., Cincinnati, OH 45202. Attn: Calendar Team 19th floor.
Our family of web sites include: Cincinnati.com, Enquirer.com, NKY.com, CincinnatiUSA.com, CommunityPress.com (which includes Community Recorder), CinStages.Com (Everything. Theatre. Cincinnati.), nkyHELPS.org, MasonBuzz.com and WestChesterBuzz.com.
2. What is the deadline for print?
Events received AT LEAST TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE of a publication's issue date are available to our printed products for possible use.
3. Where will my listing print?
All printed calendar listings are free, but limited by available space. We cannot guarantee all submission will print. Please note that all publications do not print all categories of events. Publications include: The Cincinnati Enquirer (including Friday’s Weekend), the Northern Kentucky Enquirer, Community Press, Community Recorder, Hometown Enquirer and Our Town.
Please note: The calendar team is only responsible for entering or releasing your information into Cincinnati.com calendar database. The calendar team DOES NOT have control over what does or does not make print. If your event is available online, but is not being printed, you need to contact the publication NOT the calendar team.
4. How soon will my event be available online?
Events submitted via Share are generally released within 3-5 business days. All events entered by the calendar team are done to meet publication deadlines.
5. What is the advantage of submitting a calendar event using Share?
There are two advantages. First, all events submitted via Share are released within five business days. Also when your event is released, you will receive an email notifying you of its release that contains a link directly to your event online at Cincinnati.com.
6. What about events such as auditions, call to artists and sport league sign-ups?
These types of events are manually added to the printed calendar listings. Please do not use the "Submit an event" option of Share for these events.
7. Who do I contact regarding additional coverage of my event?
Requests for additional coverage should be sent to the department editors and/or the beat reporters. Specific information is available online: http://dunes.cincinnati.com/customerservice/default.aspx?menuID=700
8. How do you request updates to a previously submitted event?
9. In SHARE, if I correct and resubmit an event that was rejected, do I have to wait another five days for
it to be released?
Rejected events that are corrected and resubmitted return to their previous position in the release queue.
10. How do I update my bar or dining guide information?
Please send changes/updates to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include name of the establishment and specifically what needs to be changed.
11. Where should I send Photo Opportunity announcements?
All photo announcements should be sent to email@example.com. The calendar team does not schedule photo assignments.