Labor Day is just around the corner, so make the most of the long weekend and enjoy these summer activities before it’s too late!
P&G Riverfest with the Cincinnati Bell/WEBN fireworks is the ultimate end-of-summer party in Cincinnati USA. This free, family-friendly festival begins at noon on Sunday, September 1 at Sawyer Point and features live music, P&G Family Fun zones, vendor booths, and a Live Broadcast with WEBN and the KiddChris Show. New events this year include the KiddChris Cardboard Boat Race, the Dent Schoolhouse / WEBN Zombie Walk, and a contest giving listeners the chance to nominate a soldier abroad to “Light the Fuse” from halfway around the world. Closing out the event is Rozzi's Famous Fireworks display which lights up the sky starting at 9:05pm. This year's show is choreographed to a zombie-infested soundtrack that will broadcast on WEBN (102.7FM).
Plan to stake out your spot on either side of the river early and make a day of it. Along with Sawyer Point/Yeatman's Cove, popular viewing areas on the Ohio side include the Serpentine Wall and Smale Riverfront Park along the river, Mt. Adams on the hill just east of downtown, and Mt. Echo Park a few miles west of downtown. On the Kentucky side try the riverfront areas of Newport (below Newport on the Levee) and Covington (below the Roebling Suspension Bridge) or the Devou Park overlook in Park Hills. If a reserved seat is more your style, some riverfront venues offer parties with paid admission like Newport on the Levee's Boom with a View!, other parties at Levee venues, or Hooters Beer Sellar Riverfest Fireworks Party. Riverfest Shuttle service is available from two Northern Kentucky locations. Read this article for more info about what to bring and street closures.
And here’s some more free end-of-summer fun!
- Live at Levee Concert Series Thursday evening at Newport on the Levee
- Friday Flow at Washington Park
- 4EG Happy Hour and MidPoint Indie Summer Friday at Fountain Square
- Movie in the Park Friday at Smale Riverfront Park
- Kentucky Symphony Orchestra and Circus Mojo perform Saturday evening at Devou Park's bandshell
- Eternal Summer: The Art of Edward Henry Potthast at Cincinnati Art Museum
Feel like soaking in some rays? Bid farewell to bathing suit season by swimming and playing the day away at Coney Island & Sunlite Pool, The Beach Waterpark or Soak City at Kings Island. If relaxing in the sun is more your speed, watch the athletes break a sweat at the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour at Lindner Family Tennis Center.
Plus, this is the last chance to book the Grand Slam Getaway!
The package includes:
- 2-night accommodations (minimum)
- Reds ticket valid for home games thru Sept 2
- $10 Reds concession credit valid on game date only
- Reds Hall of Fame & Museum entry
- Add your choice of additional discounted tickets for Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, Cincinnati Museum Center, Newport Aquarium and BB Riverboats.